If you have a TYT MD-380 or TYT MD-390 and have an issue with your display being flipped or rotated. Then we could be able to help.
We have many customers coming to us looking for replacement LCD displays for the MD-380 and MD-390 (as we are TYT Distributors). This is down to various reasons.
Some people have had backlight failures, some people have had corners of the screen 'bleed' where by some of the pixels have stopped working. Some customers have also dropped or damaged their radio and been left with a broken display. Also, due to the nature of the radio. Some people have tweaked their radios and in the process, caused the problem of a rotated of flipped display themselves, via using the wrong vocoder and firmware for example.
Whatever your reason may be. The issue of a rotated or flipped display with text and logos showing incorrectly, is an issue faced by a few people.
Firstly, if you need a new screen for your handset. You can purchase a replacement screen for the TYT MD-380 here;- Purchase TYT MD-380 Replacement Screen
Replacement screens for the MD-390 are due later this year. Please get in touch via our Contact Us page if you require a screen in the mean time.
Fixing the display.
If you have installed a new screen or have an existing problem. You can fix the problem of an incorrectly showing display by using the following steps.
- Contact Us for the MD-380 LCD Display Software
- Download the Software to a temporary location, for example your desktop or downloads folder.
- Extract the contents of the software to your desktop. You should have a file called "Factory_All_2.07"
- Install the software by running as administrator. Installing to a C: Drive is fine, unless you prefer to install your software elsewhere.
- Open the Software. On your desktop you should see "Factory_All".
- You will see a screen shown below (Image 1)
At this point. You will need to try different LCD positons, depending on your screen problem. For example, LCD1 will flip the screen vertically, so if your image is correct but needs flipping horizontally, you might need LCD 3 for example.
Try the different options until you get the correct compatibility for your screen.
To apply the fix.
- Choose an LCD type
- Read the Data From the Radio
- Write the chosen LCD selection to the Radio
- Check your display, if it's not correct, repeat steps 7, 8 and 9 until it's correct.
We know this process works for users and have had successful reports on every use.
Did you find this article helpful?
Have we solved the problem? :-
As always, if you find this article useful, please share it on social media. You can tag us in too. You can also leave us a review on Facebook. Our Facebook Page - We would really appreciate it!