If you want to upgrade the firmware on your TYT MD-380 DMR Two Way radio, then we hope you find our guide useful. Please note: Any upgrades to firmware following this guide is done so entirely at your own risk. We will not accept any responsibility for damage or bricked Tytera radios. If in doubt, get someone who knows what they are doing to upgrade your firmware.
Firmware Version - Date Name:
TYT MD-380 Firmware D013.020 New Vocoder Jul 16 2016 TYT Tytera MD-380 Firmware v13.20 Non GPS Version - Includes Firmware & Upgrade Software ( For radios with Firmware D013.xxx)
TYT MD-380 Firmware D003.020 Old Vocoder Jul 16 2016 TYT Tytera MD-380 Firmware v3.020 - Includes Firmware & Upgrade Software ( For radios with Firmware D003.xxx and D002.xxx)
TYT MD-380 Firmware D003.008 Jun. 15, 2016 TYT Tytera MD-380 Firmware v3.008 - Firmware only
TYT MD-380 Firmware D002.034 Sep. 4, 2015 TYT Tytera MD-380 Firmware v2.034 - Includes Firmware Upgrade Software
TYT MD-380 DMR Firmware - How to upgrade Firmware
- A good/full charged battery
- Programming Cable
- Latest firmware download on your PC
- Check your current firmware version on your radio.
Menu > Utilities > Radio Info > Versions
To upgrade firmware on your TYT radio:-
- Press and hold the top side button and the PTT, then switch on the radio. - See image below
- The top LED should be flashing Red/Green
- Connect your USB Cable to the Radio and PC.
- Extract your firmware download to a folder - See 2nd image below
- Open the folder, run upgrade.exe
- Click Open Update File - See 3rd Image Below
- Browse to your firmware .bin file and select it
- Click Download Update File - See 3rd Image Below
This process can take up to 3 minutes to complete, you may find your upgrade.exe program hangs or is "not responding" during this time. Don't worry and don't touch anything as this could cause damage during the upgrade process.
- When complete, you will have a pop-up box in Chinese with ok. Click this then check your radio for the firmware version number.
Below highlights the two buttons you need to hold to turn on the radio. As mentioned in point 1) above.
Extract your download to a folder somewhere on your PC where you can find the upgrade software. As mentioned in point 2) above.
The image below shows the two steps to select your .bin file (firmware) then how to download this to the radio.
Many people are trying to install MD-380 firmware on the MD-390 radio, with GPS. Some reports have shown the MD-390 to get bricked. In some cases, it has worked perfectly fine but again, this is a risk you take if you wish to experiment. Again we won't be held responsible for any comeback from this guide
If you'd prefer for us to program your TYT MD-380, get in touch. You can call us on 01834 889 180 or send us a message via our Contact Us page.
TYT Spare parts and Accessories.
We are a UK Agent for TYT and we stock a range of Spare Parts, genuine OEM accessories and much more. They can all be found on the spare parts web page.
- if you find this article useful, please post it on Social Media or on Radio Groups